Masonique has a hearing on May 9th to determine if she should be tried as an adult!
Sign up to pack the court here
To put pressure on Prosecutor Ron O’Brien to drop these charges and free Masonique we are calling on folks around the country to join us in a week of action.
Potential actions you can take:
- Call Ron O’Brien to demand the charges are dropped, 614-525-3555.
- Tweet using the hashtags #FreeMasonique and #DropTheCharges. Tweet our demands at Ron O’Brien (@prosronb)! **See FAQ Sheet
- Share the graphics widely on social media platforms.
- Sign and share the petition.
- Donate and share the fundraising link.
- Host events to fundraise for legal fees.
- Host letter writing parties for Masonique.
- Have your organization write a letter of support.
- Post a solidarity selfie.
- Ask other organizations in your area to do the same.
- Hold a solidarity demonstration – a rally, a die-in, demanding the release of Masonique Saunders and charging Officer Eric Richards with the murder.
- Stage a walk-out to demand her release.
- Banner drop.
4/18 NATIONAL CONFERENCE CALL TO PREPARE FOR WEEK OF ACTION
Masonique has been sitting in Franklin County Juvenile Jail since December awaiting a court hearing. She spent her 17th birthday, March 18th, in jail. She is grieving in jail. We believe this to be a great injustice, and refuse to sit idly by!
We, the Coalition to #FreeMasonique, demand:
- The immediate release of Masonique Saunders.
- Prosecutor Ron O’Brien drop the charges against her.
- Charge Officer Eric Richard with the murder of Julius Tate Jr.
- An independent investigation of the murder of Julius Tate Jr.
- Release the documents in the records release request filed by the Tate family.
This coalition is calling on national organizations to endorse the campaign to #FreeMasonique and #DropTheCharges, as well as participate in a national week of action May 3rd-10th by holding actions in your own city.
We will be hosting a national call for organizers to coordinate around this week of action, and how else to support this campaign. The call will take place this coming Thursday, April 18th at 8pm EST. (7pm CST, 6pm MST, and 5pm PST).
To register for the call visit: bit.ly/freemasonique
Stay updated on the case and related events at freemasonique.home.blog
Or follow us on Instagram and Twitter @freemasonique!